7 Music & Leadership Quotes
Here are some of the best quotes by the greatest music conductors of the past and present. Their advice and thoughts can inspire you, rethink your own leadership, understand how to approach your team and lead them.
1. ‘A conductor should guide rather than command.’ Riccardo Muti
2. ‘A conductor is nothing without an orchestra.’ Gustavo Dudamel
3. 'I’m like a symphony conductor and the audience my orchestra. I want them to ooh aah, laugh, cry, clap, scream when I say so.' Quentin Tarantino
4. ‘Those who have achieved all their aims probably set them too low.’ Herbert von Karajan
5.‘If your voice is very soft and you don't make it clear that this is the way things should go, they probably won't go.’ Valery Gergiev
6.‘To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time.’ Leonard Bernstein
7. "I'm not going to be a new boss saying 'I'm going to do this or that.' We'll just start to work and make good concerts." Mariss Jansons
Watch our Slideshare presentation: http://www.slideshare.net/MusicandLeadership/7-music-leadership-quotes-to-inspire-you
What is your favorite leadership quote?